Cutest blog chevron

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Why Dancing through the Minefields?

When Bryan and I first started dating, he used to send me a song or two daily to listen to and one of the first he sent me was the song "Dancing in the Minefields" by Andrew Peterson. It is such a beautiful song about the ups and downs of marriage and relying on the Lord through it all. We ended up dancing to it at our wedding and we have experienced the truth of the lyrics in our marriage.

I have felt a tug on my heart by the Lord to begin a blog to post about some of the things he is teaching me and has taught me this past year. I hope you find some encouragement and truth in the posts and most of all see that true joy comes from a life of knowing and following Jesus.

This is the story of our lives as we "dance through the minefields", but most importantly, as it says at the end of this song- it is a story about Him, and how His promises are true. His goodness is not dependent on our circumstance because He is perfectly good. On our best day and our worst day- He is good. His promises are ALWAYS true. And He works all things for our good and His glory (Romans 8:28).

Here are the lyrics to "Dancing in the Minefields":

I was nineteen, you were twenty-one
The year we got engaged
Everyone said we were much too young
But we did it anyway

We bought our rings for forty each
From a pawn shop down the road
We made our vows and took the leap
Now fifteen years ago

We went dancing in the minefields
We went sailing in the storm
And it was harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for

"I do" are the two most famous last words
The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another I've heard
Is a good place to begin

'Cause the only way to find your life
Is to lay your own life down
And I believe it's an easy price
For the life that we have found

And we're dancing in the minefields
We're sailing in the storm
This is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for

So when I lose my way, find me
When I loose love's chains, bind me
At the end of all my faith, till the end of all my days
When I forget my name, remind me

'Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man
So there's nothing left to fear
So I'll walk with you in the shadowlands
Till the shadows disappear

'Cause he promised not to leave us
And his promises are true
So in the face of all this chaos, baby, 
I can dance with you

1 comment:

  1. That was our first dance at our wedding too! Love it! And thank you for sharing your more recent post about Sam. So much great truth.

    Kelley (Nease) Cummins

    ReplyDelete